I started by recreating the templates I used to make the side armor and turret of the original. Recreating? Yeah some idiot (me) lost the file that the originals were in. Here's what it looks like. If you want to do this yourself, print the templates so that the scale is 1" square.
I attach the template to 0.030" plasticard using spray adhesive and cut to shape; the paper over the plastic along with a straight edge helps to keep the blade from wandering
Here all the pieces are cut out:
The side armor panels are 'dressed up with 0.06" C-channel which helps to add some texture giving the illusion of detail.
The magnetized gun mount; this one is really over-built as the client wanted to use an old metal Demolisher cannon which is heavy and requires a lot of support:
I used the circle cutter and structural pieces to build up the turret ring and mount.
The trackguards are built up from plasticard and 0.10" C-Channel.