Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ecclesiarch #3 - WIP Update #1

Just thought I'd post a WIP update on the Ecclesiarch commission. I completed the hull modifications  needed to mount the organist's cockpit and the front plate by lengthening the upper hull by a 1/4" or so, then building a deck from sheet styrene to mount it on.



Next up was mounting the metal plates from the Exorcist on the sides of the tracks, unfortunately, I didn't get any in progress pictures of this, but it involves milling out recesses for the protrusions on the backs of the plates.  I really hate metal to plastic joints so I really tend to over-engineer them to make sure they don't come apart.  Then I put the tracks together.

The next big job was putting together the icon plates, these are made from castings of the Fleur-de-Lis from the Exorcist/Immolator kit and the wall-o-skulls from the Imperial Basilica kit, framed with some Evergreen C-channel. The whole thing is built on a piece of sheet styrene then glued to the sides of the tracks.

Now I'll move on to the sponson weapons.  That's all for now.

2 comments:

Greg Hess said...

Nice progress! Looks great! That is one heck of an organ!

Hudson said...

That's what she said... (sorry, couldn't resist)