Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ecclesiarch #3 Completed

This one's done and shipped.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it next to her sisters.  Oh well...

People have been asking about the rules, they can be found here.


Not having another Throne of Judgement to cannibalize, I ended up improvising the torch for the center;  I used the brazier from the Hell blaster volleygun kit, a flaming head and a scroll from the Flagellants kit to get a similar effect. 
 And a few other views:







6 comments:

greggles said...

Really great work Hudson. Is the back turret (organ) removable for transport?

Hudson said...

No, but the entire top plate is not glued in. I didn't think of making just the pipes removable since they provide some protection for the servitors and the missile racks. Conceivably, the organ could be (have been) made removable since I built it as a separate piece.

Unknown said...

Hi Hudson, this trio of Super Heavy tanks has inspired me to make one for my Sisters Army! I am very impressed with your 3 Ecclesiarch Super Heavies , so much so that I am currently building one. I have been finding the loading racks for the shells tricky , have you any tips? In addition have you considered a DataSheet for the 7Th Edition?
jamesstonhold@aol.com

Hudson said...

Yeah James, I made the loading racks from sheet styrene and styrene c-channels. I think I showed how I did it in an earlier post.

Unknown said...

I was wondering what size c- channels you used , I made mine from plasticard and found it very tricky to get both sides the same . Did you use some kind of frame to cut the tubing for the Ecclesiarch launchers? I found smoothing off the edges rather tricky so used green stuff to edge the tubes.

Hudson said...

I think I used 3 or 4mm c-channel. I used a Midwest Products mitre-box and saw for cutting the tubing.